What To Expect
Your Mortgage Loan Application Process
STAGE 1: Review Documents And Provide Intent To Proceed
Pre-Qualification To Application
STAGE 2: Gathering Essential Information
STAGE 3: Loan Submitted To The Processing Department
The Processing Department Will:
- Review the application to make sure that it paints an accurate picture of your financial situation.
- For refinances, you will receive a call to schedule your appraisal appointment. Your timeliness is important, as the appraisal completion date could impact your closing.
- Order and gather third party documentation such as appraisal, title work, employment verification, etc. (documents vary based on loan product).
- You may receive a phone call during this process requesting additional information and/or clarification.
- Your prompt attention to the requests will keep you from experiencing a delayed closing.
STAGE 4: Loan Submitted To The Underwriting Department
The Underwriting Department Will:
STAGE 5: Clearing Conditions
- Be prompt in providing any additional requested Information and/or documents.
- Once all conditions are cleared the loan may be scheduled to close.
STAGE 6: Closing
- Receive and acknowledge receipt of the Closing Disclosure the same day it is sent.
- Closing Disclosures must be reviewed THREE business days prior to closing.
- Failure to review the closing disclosure in a timely manner may result in a delayed closing.
- Bring Government Issued ID for Proof of Identification
- Obtain a cashier’s check or wire transfer for any funds required at closing.
- Review and sign loan documents with your closing agent.